If you’re an affiliate, you need to know how to promote affiliate links properly. The first step is to look at the offer and see if there are any restrictions. Once you know how to advertise affiliate links in accordance with the advertiser’s terms, you can use the methods below to generate traffic.
What Is An Affiliate Link?
An affiliate link is a link to a product, service or other offer that you can promote. When you promote these links, you’ll receive a commission. The commission is how you generate revenue.
These links are provided by a product or service owner.
You help generate sales and earn a hefty commission in the process. Large and small businesses use affiliates to generate more sales. Even Amazon has an affiliate program with the massive amount of traffic that they generate.
Top 20 Ways to Promote Your Affiliate Links
If you want to promote affiliate links, there are more than enough ways to get traffic to the link.
- Advertising. Promote affiliate links through advertising, whether it’s a direct link to the offer or a link back to a landing page you’ve created. Advertising terms should be outlined for you, and some offers may not allow direct advertising.
- Blog posts. A great way to promote affiliate links is through the content on a blog. Create relevant posts and websites for your niche. When you create educational blog posts, you can often drive traffic to an offer.
- Reviews. If you’re selling a product, you can create reviews of the product. The reviews will convert at a high rate and also reach prospects that are past the educational phase.
- Email. Do you have an email list that is highly responsive? You may be able to send them links through an email sequence that can generate sales.
- Video. A lot of YouTube videos are available that review products and make sales from the link in the description. Video content is very engaging and has a much higher chance of being able to make a sale.
- Guest Posts. If you’re lucky enough to land a guest post opportunity on an industry leading site, you can generate sales on the back of the traffic the site provides. Guest posting is powerful, but be sure that you can add in an affiliate link.
- Facebook ads. An effective way to earn money through your affiliate links is to place advertisements on Facebook. The great thing about Facebook ads is that you can advertise to very specific groups of people within your target market. This allows you to generate highly targeted leads and conversions.
- Facebook groups. If you don’t want to pay for ads, you may be able to promote your affiliate links in Facebook groups. Like ads, Facebook groups appeal to very specific groups of people. Some of these groups have very specific topics, so you have a very narrowly-focused niche, Facebook groups are a great way to get your name in front of the right people.
- Facebook posts. If you have a following on Facebook, you can promote your affiliate links through your posts on this social platform. Your followers will see these posts in their feeds and will be more likely to click on your links because they trust your personal brand.
- Instagram posts. Instagram’s visual nature makes it a great platform for promoting your affiliate links. You can post your links in the caption of your photos, your bio or even in your stories. The new Reels feature gives affiliates a new opportunity to promote products through enticing videos.
- Twitter. With more than 300 million users, Twitter can be a great platform to promote your affiliate links on. But you’ll need to get creative to make this social network work for you. Sharing content that contains your affiliate link is one effective way.
- Contests. People love free things, and they love winning things. Hosting a contest is a great way to promote your brand, expand your following and promote your affiliate offers. They generate a lot of buzz, which means there are more opportunities to drive traffic to your offers.
- EBooks. Many affiliate marketers offer free eBooks in exchange for signing up for their newsletter. Others create and sell eBooks. In either case, this is a great place to promote your affiliate links. Because an eBook can cover a wide range of topics, affiliates can promote multiple offers.
- Quora. A popular platform for asking questions, Quora is a great opportunity for you to answer questions, build your credibility and share your affiliate links.
- Reddit. One of the most popular websites on the internet, Reddit has subreddits (a type of forum) for virtually every subject on the planet. No matter your niche or how narrow your niche is, you are sure to find your target audience on Reddit. You’ll need to be careful about sharing links here. Promoting affiliate links is frowned upon on most subreddits, so make sure that you understand the rules before posting.
- Webinar. A webinar is a great opportunity to build your brand, demonstrate your expertise in your niche, build your credibility and promote to your target audience. Those who sign up for your webinar are already interested in what you’re selling, so it will be much easier to generate leads and conversions.
- SlideShare. A platform that allows you to share presentations, SlideShare is a great way to educate your audience while promoting your affiliate links. Offering valuable content is the key to success here.
- Podcasts. One of the most popular forms of content available are podcasts. This form of advertising takes a lot of work, but if you build an industry podcast, you can promote links on your show or provide resources in your podcast’s description.
- Forum. Promoting on forums is one of the best and worst ways to promote affiliate links. Join forums, provide great advice, and if you’re allowed, add affiliate links to a post or in your signature.
- Guides. Create guides or educational courses that can help nurture leads. Add in links that are relevant to the guide’s subject matter.
Now that you know how to promote affiliate links, your next step should be to learn more about your audience. Once you learn where your target audience spends most of their time, you’ll be able to use the recommend promotion tips above to generate clicks and sales.