What is PPC tracking?
PPC tracking is the monitoring of ad effectiveness with pay per click, namely advertising in search engines. To evaluate the productiveness of advertising, text, targeting and all other components, you need to check the indicators, analyze the statistics and the result. This check-points are necessary to make investments worthwhile in advertising, due to good research, ads can bring conversions (registration, purchases, subscriptions, etc.) and profits.
All indicators obtained as a result of advertising campaigns are essential; they should be dealt with in an integrated manner to obtain an overall picture.
Efficiency factors for pay per click monitoring:
- Impressions – demonstrate how many times that ad appears in organic search. If the number of impressions is too small or too large, you should change your targeting and bid settings.
- Visits – these data demonstrate how users react to your ads. If the number of ad impressions is large but there are no conversions, then the ad doesn’t catch the clients since they don’t want to click on it. In this case, you need to change the ad text, unique proposal, and perhaps, the message. All these adjustments must be tested (i.e. using split testing) to clearly understand what causes the client’s interest.
- Conversions – this parameter presents you how useful the website is for users after clicking by the link. If the traffic runs but there are no purchases, then you should change something on the main page. It can be design or content, perhaps, the order button is not visible, or there’s irrelevant traffic on the page, etc. Again, you need to test.
- ROI – this is the coefficient of investment, the return on investment. As a percentage, it shows profitability (at a value of more than 100%) or loss ratio (with a value of less than 100%) specifically the amount of money invested in a particular project.
The formula for calculating the ROI is quite simple:
ROI = (Income from investments – size of investment) / Investment size * 100%
It is equally important to compose a competent advertisement that best meets the user’s request.
Why should you need use PPC tracking software
There are special tools to control and collect all the factors of the pay per click tracking. Typically, the well-known systems like Google AdWords have a built-in tool for conducting analytics, but at the same time, there are third-party services that help observe the effectiveness of advertising campaigns.
How does PPC tracking software work on AdsBridge
AdsBridge as a PPC tracker differs from other software because all results of advertising campaigns from all search networks are collected in one tracker. This is very convenient since all statistics are gathered in the AdsBridge statistics and can be viewed in different sections. Due to this you can study the results in depth, make a conclusion, and apply optimization of your ad funnels.
If you create advertising on several search networks, then you have to collect statistics for each network separately, and then put everything in one table.
To use AdsBridge as a PPC tracker, you need to:
- Create a campaign for a current search network and add your website to the offer URL.
- Insert a generated campaign link in the ad URL.
The mechanism of tracker works as follows:
- users click on the ad
- it leads them to the AdsBridge
- after that they got redirected to your website.
A redirection occurs so quickly that it looks like a direct transition. In the end, the user comes to the desired website, and all the statistics are recorded in the tracker.
Having statistics on all advertising campaigns in one place, you can easily compare them by various parameters, evaluate them, and observe. AdsBridge has the functionality to work with any traffic, so you can analyze all the channels on the one platform and obtains an overall picture of your advertising campaigns.